Coronavirus: we’re here for you
27 March 2020 | OVO Energy
These are extraordinary and challenging times, for all of us. So I wanted to write to you personally and let you know that, at OVO, we're working really hard to make sure that energy isn’t another thing to worry about.
Firstly, I want to reassure you that we‘re doing all we can to make sure nobody is left without power. Our team is working incredibly hard to look after those who need us most – so please speak to them with kindness if you’re in touch.
I also know how important it is that you’re kept updated. That’s why we’ve created these Coronavirus FAQs. They cover all the information below, and more.
Changes in the way we work
Keeping our team safe is a top priority for us. Most of us are already working from home, and every day we’re working to increase this number. This means we can run things remotely and continue to offer you the service you need.
Our engineers will continue to deliver critical work for members who are at risk of losing power. But we’re making sure they’ve been given the latest advice and equipment to keep everyone safe when they’re in your home.
Help others by going online
Our call centres are busier than usual prioritising those who need us most. So I hope you don’t mind us asking you to manage your energy online where possible – and help us keep our phone lines free for the more vulnerable.
You can do this by following a few easy steps.
1. Manage your energy online\ Use your online account or app whenever you can – just download it here for Android, or here for iOS. Once logged in, you can manage your payments and submit meter readings, anytime.
2. Please don’t call, unless it’s urgent\ If your question can wait and it’s not an emergency, try our online services, app or our Coronavirus FAQs before calling. We’ll be prioritising those who need us most and won’t be able to answer non-urgent questions on the phone.
3. Find your answer online\ We’ve answered lots of general questions about how to manage your energy on our Help pages, so please take a look – it’s likely you’ll find an answer to your question there too. If you’re searching for tips on how to save energy while staying at home, [here]https://www.ovoenergy.com/guides/energy-guides/120-ways-to-save-energy are some helpful ones.
4. Help others in the OVO community\ If you’re familiar with our online services, and think you could answer others peoples’ questions about it – I’d be really grateful if you could join our OVO Forum and share your advice.
The forum is a great place to get fast answers from other members. So you’ll find plenty of help too.
5. Ask us on social\ If you haven’t found an answer on our online pages, I’d ask you to contact the team on Twitter. Or, email us at [email protected]. They’re working hard to reply to everyone as quickly as they can.
We’re here if you need us
I really appreciate your patience right now – and, of course, I know that not everything can be solved online. So if it’s an emergency and you think you might lose power, call us on 0330 303 5063 (Monday to Friday 9am-5pm). We’ve set up a dedicated team for you, and will do everything we can to help.
Likewise, if you can’t pay your bills, please call us and we’ll support you.
Finally, I’d like to acknowledge again that these are really difficult and overwhelming times. So please take care of yourself, and your loved ones. We’re doing everything we can to help.
Adrian \ OVO Energy CEO