How long does it take to switch energy companies?
If you decide to join us online through Quote & Switch, the process is really easy. You don’t need to do any paperwork – we sort it all. It takes literally minutes.
Then it’s over to us to start the switch process with your old supplier. It’s a simple process that will take around 4 weeks if everything runs smoothly.
We’ll take care of all the details and keep you updated on what’s happening – all you’ll need to do is give us your first meter readings when it’s close to your switch-over date.
The process goes like this in 5 easy steps:
- You’ll get a welcome pack in the post, with everything you need to know about your OVO energy plan, including which one you’ve chosen, your expected switch date, Direct Debit amount and first payment date.
- You’ve got 14 calendar days to change your mind from the day you sign up, so check all the information carefully and get in touch if you'd like to change anything. Just let us know (by email or by phone) if anything needs changing, or if OVO’s not for you.
- Once those 14 days have passed, we’ll contact your current energy supplier and get the ball rolling.
- A few days before your switch date we’ll ask you to give us your first meter readings. Once we’ve got them, we’ll send them off to be validated.
- As soon as they’re validated we'll open your account. Welcome to all things OVO. Your first statement will wing its way to your inbox around 6-8 weeks later – unless you’ve asked us to bill you by post, which will be every 3 months.
That’s it. Simple. So what are you waiting for…?