In this section of OVO Answers, you can find lots of help and useful information on each way to PAYG.
This is the easy way to start managing your prepay energy from anywhere:
1.Top up anywhere by app, online or text
2. Check your credit without checking your meter
3. No more meter key, no more hassle
4. Set up top-up reminders so that you never lose power
Find help for all your questions about Smart PAYG+. From why it’s good news to choose Smart PAYG+, through to using the OVO Energy app and how to make a top-up, there’s lots of help and guidance to make the most of this easy way to pay for your energy.
If you’ve got a smart meter but no bank card or email address, Smart PAYG Standard lets you carry on only topping up at PayPoint. You’ll also get an In-Home Display which can help you monitor your energy use.
1. Use your smart payment card(s) to top up at a PayPoint
2. Set up low credit alerts on your In-Home Display (IHD)
3. If you run out of credit from 8pm-8am Mon-Fri or anytime at the weekend, your meter won’t disconnect
4. You don’t need a smartphone or bank account to use it
Find help for all your questions about Smart PAYG Standard in our Smart PAYG topic. You can see the differences between Smart PAYG+ and Smart PAYG Standard, find out how to get the most from your IHD, what happens if you run out of credit with a smart meter and much more.
This is the ‘conventional’ energy prepayment method, where you go to the shop to pay for your energy. It’s ideal if you don’t have a bank account or bank card, or can’t get a smart meter.
1. You use a key or card to top up at a PayPoint
2. It’s the PAYG you might have used with other suppliers in the past
3. You don’t need a smartphone or bank account to use it
Find help for all your questions about traditional PAYG in this topic. This section covers getting started on PAYG, problems with keys and cards, running out of credit, getting emergency credit and more.