Last updated 28 May 2021
Important to know
- The offer is for ‘5,000 Free Green Miles’, for customers who sign up to the OVO Drive energy plan. This will be delivered via a £15 credit being applied to your OVO Energy account each month for the first 12 months of your contract, up to a maximum total credit of £180. £180 credit equates to 5,000 free miles of electric driving for customers charging on the OVO Drive plan. The £180 (£15 per month for 12 months) is a fixed amount and will not be adjusted over the course of the offer period. A 2020 MINI Electric has an efficiency of 4.0 miles/kWh as per WLTP testing. Find out more about WLTP here (opens in a new window) . 5,000 miles equates to 1250kWh of energy. £180 can purchase 1250kWh of energy using an assumed electricity unit rate of 15.8p/kWh, the average of regional prices on the OVO Drive Plan, as of 03/06/2021.
- We’ll verify the eligibility of your VIN with MINI as part of the sign up process. This may take up to 10 working days - we’ll contact you directly if any issues come up.
Terms of the offer
The MINI ‘5,000 Free Green Miles’ promotion is an offer to new MINI Electric customers who sign up to OVO Energy’s OVO Drive plan, and is provided jointly by OVO Energy and BMW (UK) Ltd t/a MINI.
Offer details valid from 03 June 2021
OVO Energy Limited, incorporated in England and Wales under company number 06890795 and whose registered office is at OVO Energy, 1 Rivergate, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6ED (OVO Energy).
2. What's the offer
The offer is for ‘5,000 Free Green Miles’, for customers who sign up to the OVO Drive plan.
The offer will be delivered via a £15 credit being applied to your OVO Energy account each month for the first 12 months of your contract, up to a maximum total credit of £180. The £180 (£15 per month for 12 months) is a fixed amount and will not be adjusted over the course of the offer period. The offer is available on all versions of the MINI Electric.
3. How does this equate to ‘5,000 Free Green Miles’?
- A 2021 MINI Electric has an efficiency of 4.0 miles/kWh as per WLTP testing. Find out more about WLTP here
- Using the WLTP efficiency stated in (1) 5,000 miles equates to 1250kWh of energy.
- £180 can purchase 1250kWh of energy, using an assumed electricity unit rate of 15.80p/kWh, the average of regional prices on the OVO Drive Plan, as of 03/06/2021.
- Miles are ‘green’ as we purchase 100% of your energy from renewable sources such as wind, solar and hydro. The renewable electricity we buy is backed by renewable certificates (Renewable Energy Guarantee of Origin certificates (REGOs)). See here for details on Renewable Energy Guarantee of Origin certificates and how these work. We offset the remaining emissions by supporting UN-led REDD+ carbon reduction projects that are certified to the Verified Carbon Standard.
4. When’s the credit applied?
The first £15 credit instalment will be applied to your OVO Energy account up to 60 days after your supply start date. After that, it will be applied each month for a further 11 months (provided that you continue to remain eligible for the offer in accordance with these terms).
5. Who's eligible?
This offer is only open to you if:
- you have purchased or leased (for a period of two or more years) a new MINI Electric from MINI in the UK;
- you have registered your new MINI Electric in the period from 1 March 2020 to 31 December 2021;
- you sign up to the OVO Drive plan on or before December 31st 2021;
- at the point of application you provide an eligible Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) (provided to you by your dealer prior to the delivery of your MINI Electric and can be found in on the bottom left side of your MINI’s windscreen);
- the eligibility of the VIN will be verified with MINI but will not take place in real time meaning ineligibility may be relayed to you post sign up;
- your electricity is supplied for domestic use only. This offer is not available with commercial or workplace electrical supply;
- the property where you will charge your new MINI Electric is located in mainland England, Scotland & Wales, Anglesey, Shetland or the Isle of Wight;
- you are not the recipient of another offer from OVO Energy.
6. What other eligibility criteria apply?
You will be eligible for the offer provided that:
- you remain on supply with OVO on the OVO Drive plan;
- you continue to comply with the OVO Energy supply terms and the OVO Drie plan terms;
- you charge your MINI Electric at home in accordance with the fair usage policy (see more below).
7. How long with the offer be open for?
This offer is available for a limited period. The offer will close at midnight on 31 December 2021. You must have completed and passed all eligibility criteria on or before this deadline in order to be eligible for the offer.
8. Fair usage policy
You agree to principally charge your MINI Electric at the address registered on your OVO Energy account. If OVO reasonably suspect you're not behaving within this policy, we reserve the right to remove the offer, having attempted to contact you first.
9. OVO Energy core energy supply terms
By signing up for the offer, you agree to separate terms with OVO Energy. You can find our core energy supply terms here and our OVO Drive plan terms here. Please read these terms carefully for the terms that will apply to your energy supply. These will form part of your contract with us.
10. What if I signed up for OVO Energy but am not eligible?
If you do not meet the eligibility criteria in paragraphs 5 and 6, you will not be eligible for the offer, but your energy supply contract will be unaffected. See our energy supply terms and conditions for your rights to cancel your energy supply contract should you wish to do so. Please note that termination fees may apply.
11. Can I withdraw the credit to my bank account?
No. The credit cannot be withdrawn from your energy balance to your bank account.
12. What if I switch away?
If you want to switch to a different supplier or switch to a different OVO Energy plan, you will no longer be eligible to claim the offer and you may need to pay any exit fees associated with the OVO Drive plan. See our energy supply terms and conditions for your rights to cancel your energy supply contract.
13. What if I'm already with OVO or on EV Everywhere / OVO Drive?
If you are already an OVO customer and you purchase a new MINI Electric, you can claim this offer by sending an email to [email protected], and our customer support teams will help you to sign up.
14. Data Sharing
- In order to provide this offer to you, you will need to provide OVO with an eligible Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). OVO will then share that VIN number with BMW (UK) Ltd t/a MINI UK in order to verify that you are an eligible customer.
15. Anything else I should know?
- The credit is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There’s no cash or other alternative.
- We reserve the right to remove or temporarily suspend the offer if, in our reasonable opinion, we suspect any breach of these rules, the OVO Drive terms or our core energy supply terms.
- If OVO Energy deems in its discretion that a participant is ineligible for any reason, OVO Energy reserves the right to cancel or recover any credit already awarded.
- OVO Energy reserves the right to amend these offer terms on reasonable notice. Any amendments will be published on OVO's website.
- OVO Energy reserves the right to close the promotion to new customers at any point.
- The terms and conditions are subject to English Law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England unless you’re a resident of Scotland, in which case you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
- In the event that for reasons beyond OVO's reasonable control OVO is unable to award the offer, or OVO deems it appropriate to do so (in its reasonable discretion), OVO reserves the right to award an alternative of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the offer.