If I’ve been disconnected because my credit ran out, how do I reconnect my supply again after I top up?
Once you’ve topped up enough to bring your balance above zero, you can reconnect your meter.
If you have a SMETS1 meter
For safety reasons, you’ll have to reconnect your meter manually. If you're reconnecting your gas meter, make sure all gas appliances are off before you start.
- Press any button on the keypad of your meter
- Then wait for the OFF message to change to READY (this can take up to 30 minutes)
- Next, you can press A, then B, to reconnect
- Then your meter will say ON
With a SMETS2 meter using your Chameleon Smart In-Home Display (IHD6):
- From the home screen, press OK
- Press the right arrow twice, until you see 'Activate electricity supply’
- Press OK
If you have an Aclara SMETS2 meter and a Flonidan gas meter:
Your electricity meter will have two buttons, A and B, rather than a keypad.
- Once you’ve topped up, press and hold the A and B buttons on your electricity meter at the same time, for about 10 seconds.
- You should hear a clicking noise when your supply returns
- If it doesn’t work the first time, wait a couple of minutes before trying again
If you’re still having trouble, you can try adding your top-up manually.
- Once you’ve topped up, press any button on your gas meter
- Your meter will automatically begin reconnecting
If it doesn’t reconnect, check all your gas appliances are switched off, then try again.