Changes to the energy price cap in January
Find out how this impacts you, whether you pay monthly for your energy, or Pay As You Go. You can also see what advice and support we can provide.
Get rewarded with Power Move.
Our smart meter customers have saved over £1 million by using greener, off-peak energy⁴
Why choose OVO Energy?
Your energy essentials
Use our free app to track energy use in your home5
Every year, we plant 1 million trees in the UK6
Trusted by millions of UK homes
You’ll be in safe hands with us
Path to Zero
With a range of smart tech to choose from and our expert teams by your side, we can help reduce your energy bills and our collective carbon footprint. Join us on the path to energy that's better for you, your wallet and the planet.
Our favourite 5-star reviews from Trustpilot
Rated 4.3 stars by more than 140778 customersSee all our reviews
The engineer was friendly yet professional. Asked if we had any problems with the boiler. Overall he made the experience quick yet efficient.
February 23, 2024
Really great help from OVO energy support in Scotland, helped me book smart energy engineer visit for Saturday morning, answered my questions well and prepared me well for how to support the engineer when they come to fit the kit. Thanks Darrell
February 22, 2024
Great response to our query. Fast and efficient 👍👌
February 22, 2024
- Terms and cancellation fees apply. Offer ends 21/3/24.
- Actual sum is £495.94. When you add Heat Pump Plus to your plan, your home energy rate will stay the same, but the energy consumed by your heat pump will be charged at an effective rate of 15p per kWh (thanks to payment of your Heat Pump Plus credit). The £495.94 saving is based on an air source heat pump with a UK average Seasonal Coefficient of Performance (or efficiency rating) of 2.8 and an annual consumption of 3,644 kWh with the Heat Pump Plus add-on compared to OVO's average SVT rate of 28.61p per kWh. Actual savings will vary depending on your heat pump usage, efficiency rating and the cost per kWh of your standard home energy tariff.
- OVO (S) Gas Limited, trading as OVO, is a credit broker not a lender. Finance is subject to eligibility, terms and a £500 deposit. 0% APR fixed over 36 months.
- Terms and eligibility criteria apply. For more information, please visit ovoenergy.com/power-move
- OVO’s 2019 analysis of academic research into the effectiveness of feedback on energy consumption behaviours indicates that being able to monitor your energy usage by installing a smart meter and having access to energy insights information can lead to a reduction in energy use. The reduction in energy use results from the customer making changes to their habits by curtailing home energy use through actions such as optimising heating settings or switching lights off. The actual savings achieved will vary depending on individual energy use and the nature of changes made to a customer’s energy habits. OVO’s energy tracking is currently available for the majority of OVO customers and will be made available to all remaining customers soon.
- OVO Energy plants 1 million trees across the UK each year with its tree planting partners, The Conservation Volunteers and the Woodland Trust. Trees absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, so planting trees helps to slow down climate change.