Have a look below for the guide that matches your meter – just click to open and download it. In these guides, we’ll explain the essentials – like topping up, using emergency credit, and getting help when you need it. We’ll show you how to get the most out of your smart meter and make your home more energy efficient.
You should be able to find your meter type on your meter. If you need some help you can talk to us by selecting the chat option on this page (8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on weekends). Or call us on 0330 175 9669 during the same times.
1. Once you’ve topped up, go to your meter and press and hold the A and B buttons for up to 10 seconds.
2. You should hear a click when the power supply is back on.
1. Once you’ve topped up, make sure all gas appliances are switched off for safety.
2. Just press any button on your gas meter to reconnect. Your meter will run safety checks, then in a few moments, your power will return.
Once the meter has been topped up, the relay (see the red circle) will start to flash.
Press the middle button to reactivate the supply.
1. Once the meter has been topped up, wake up the gas meter by pressing the middle button - they'll see the following screen.
2. Hold down the middle button to re-enable the supply - the meter will conduct a gas flow check before reconnecting
Once the meter has been topped up, press button A to enter the main menu
2. Press button A to enter Prepayment status
3. Press button B to go to enable supply option
4. Press and hold button B to re-enable supply
Once the meter has been topped up and the credit ARM screen appears, press button B.
Release button B
Press button A to confirm appliances are off
Hold button A until the display changes
Release button A
Wait for the valve to open - the gas supply is now re-enabled
Once the meter has been topped up, press and hold the OK button to enter the main menu.
Press and hold the OK button on the main Prepay screen
Press the OK button to scroll through the menu until you reach Info-Supply
Then press and hold the OK button to enter
Press and hold the OK button to re-enable supply
Once the meter has been topped up and the Credit ARM screen appears, press the OK button.
Ensure all gas appliances are off. Press the OK button to enable supply.
The meter screen will say "Enabling" then change to "Enabled" when completed
1. Once the meter has been topped up, insert your key into the electricity meter, and follow the instructions on the screen.
2. Make sure the arrow on the key is facing upwards. The new credit should show automatically.
1. Once the meter has been topped up, insert your card into the gas meter and follow the instructions on the screen.
2. Make sure the gold-coloured chip is facing the meter display. Press and hold the red ‘A’ button, and the credit will appear on your meter.
If you’ve topped up at a PayPoint shop, keep your receipt each time just in case. If the money doesn’t appear in your meter, we’ll need to look into it for you.
Can’t find an answer? Try asking our helpful OVO community.
If you have a gas leak, power cut , or Pay As You Go emergency, get emergency help.