heycar EV offer: Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: November 2023
- About this Offer
1.1 The ‘2,000 Free Green Miles and £500 cashback’ offer (the “Offer”) is available to customers who purchase a compatible electric vehicle (“Compatible EV”) with heycar and are either an existing OVO customer or who join OVO on any plan and sign up to Charge Anytime. A one-off credit of £50 credit will be applied to your OVO Energy account. £50 credit equates to 2,000 free miles of electric driving for customers charging an average sized electric vehicle on Charge Anytime. Actual free miles obtained will depend on your driving style, the weather conditions and your car’s efficiency. The credit will be applied to your account within 30 days of you claiming your offer. In order to claim your £500 cashback you will need to switch to OVO and add Charge Anytime then you will receive an SMS with instructions and a secure link to add your bank account details. Once you have done this you’ll receive £500 cashback into your bank account within 30 days. Alternatively, customers who do not have internet banking can show the SMS in any paypoint outlet and request a cash withdrawal. Proof of ID will be required.
1.2 These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) apply to you if you have signed up to and been accepted to participate in the Offer. These Terms are supplemental to OVO’s Core Terms which cover the supply of energy to you and the Charge Anytime terms which cover our Charge Anytime product. Together these terms along with any other terms which may form part of your plan with us form your agreement with us.
1.3 The Promoter of this Offer is OVO Energy Limited, incorporated in England and Wales under company number 06890795 and whose registered office is at OVO Energy, 1 Rivergate, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6ED (“OVO”, “we”).
2.1 This Offer is only open to you if:
- you have purchased an eligible electric vehicle from heycar https://heycar.com/uk/autos?fuelType=electric&searchOrigin=electric-find-a-car and select ‘only from heycar’ in the advanced filters, that is compatible with OVO’s Charge Anytime and do not return that vehicle within the 14 day cooling off period); https://www.ovoenergy.com/electric-cars/charge-anytime
- you are either an existing OVO customer or you sign up to OVO during the Offer Period;
- you sign up to Charge Anytime during the Offer Period subject to you meeting the eligibility criteria set out in the Charge Anytime terms;
- you are a new Charge Anytime customer, existing Charge Anytime customers are not eligible for this Offer;
- your electricity is supplied for domestic use only. This Offer is not available with commercial or workplace electrical supply;
- the property where you will charge your EV is located in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland);
- you remain on supply with OVO;
- you continue to comply with the OVO Core Terms and the Charge Anytime Terms;
- you charge your EV at home in accordance with the fair usage policy (see more below).
2.2 If you do not meet the eligibility criteria in paragraph 2.1 above, you will not be eligible for the offer, but your energy supply contract will be unaffected. See our Core Terms for your rights to cancel your energy supply contract should you wish to do so. Please note that termination fees may apply.
- Fair usage policy
You agree to principally charge your EV at the address registered on your OVO Energy account. If OVO reasonably suspects you're not behaving within this policy, we reserve the right to remove the offer, having attempted to contact you first.
- Data Sharing
4.1 In order to provide this Offer to you, you will need to provide OVO with a heycar order number to verify that you are an eligible customer.
5.1 The credit is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There’s no cash or other alternative.
5.2 The £500 cashback is non-transferable and we will only pay this into the bank account which is linked to your OVO account and which is in the name of the OVO account holder.
5.3 If you want to switch to a different supplier or cancel Charge Anytime, you will no longer be eligible to claim the Offer and you may need to pay any exit fees associated with your plan. See our Core Terms for your rights to cancel your energy supply contract.
5.4 We reserve the right to remove or temporarily suspend the Offer if, in our reasonable opinion, we suspect any breach of these rules, the Charge Anytime terms or our Core Terms.
5.5 If we deem in our discretion that a participant is ineligible for any reason, we reserve the right to cancel or recover any credit already awarded.
5.6 We reserve the right to amend these offer terms on reasonable notice. Any amendments will be published on OVO's website.
5.7 We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Offer to new participants at any point.
5.8 In the event that for reasons beyond our reasonable control we are unable to award the offer, or we deem it appropriate to do so (in its reasonable discretion), we reserve the right to award an alternative of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at our sole discretion, the cash value of the offer.
5.9 These Terms are subject to English Law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England unless you’re a resident of Scotland, in which case you may also bring proceedings in Scotland