If you’re a home mover OVO can help by making your life as easy as possible!
If you’re an OVO customer and you’re moving into a new home in the next 28 days, let us know in My OVO (and if you’re on a fixed or variable rate plan, we won’t charge you exit fees).
We’ll ask for these things to close your account:
- The date you moved (or are due to move) out of the property.
- A meter reading for that date.
- Your new address or forwarding details.
- Your new phone number.
If possible, it would also help us to know:
- The name and address of the landlord, if you don't own your old home.
If your new home is already supplied by OVO, great! We can get your account set up right away on our home move page.
We’ll need to know:
- The date you moved in.
- The meter readings from when you moved in (if possible).
- Your full name.
- Your date of birth.
- The full address and postcode of your new home.
- Your phone number (either mobile or landline).
- Your email address.
- Your Direct Debit details
If your new home is supplied by another company but you’d like to join OVO, lucky us. Simply get a quote and switch online – it’ll take just a few minutes. We also recommend getting in touch with your home’s current supplier to register your details and give them meter readings.
If you don’t know who supplies your new home, you should:
- Check for brand names on any statements or letters.
- Ask the letting agent or landlord, check your legal pack, or contact the previous owner.
- If you’re still not sure, make a note of your meter serial numbers and call the Meter Point Administration Service (MPAS) on 0870 608 1524 or call your Distribution Network Operator.
We’ll start supplying you around 21 days after your move in. Your welcome letter or email will let you know the exact date that we’ll start supplying you.
Just occasionally, we may run into unexpected problems and have to push that date back a bit. If so, we’ll let you know right away and keep you posted about any new dates.
You can also track your switch in My OVO.
Yes. The previous company will still be providing energy.
I’m going to pay by monthly Direct Debit for my OVO energy. How do I pay my current supplier until you take over my supply?
About 6 weeks after we’ve taken over your energy supply, the previous supplier will send you a bill, based on the final meter readings you’ve sent them. They’ll tell you whether you can pay by cheque, card or bank transfer.
You’ll get your first OVO bill around 6 weeks after we start supplying your energy.