Cloudy with a chance of winning – it’s competition time!
08 June 2021 | OVO Energy
Unpredictable. Powerful. Wet. These are just a few words that come to mind when thinking about our Great British weather. And while we might not love how it can be raining cats and dogs one minute with glorious sunshine the next – we should never forget the importance of our weather, when it comes to powering a cleaner, greener Britain.
That’s why we’re celebrating how Great British weather powers Great British homes in our latest advertising campaign. Wind and solar make up a large proportion of renewables, which recently overtook fossil fuels as the UK’s largest source of electricity. So we felt it was high time to show the weather some love for helping us fight the climate crisis.
And to mark this new campaign, we thought we’d let the British people share their fave pics of our nation’s weather in all its glory...
Fancy winning one of five £250 vouchers to spruce up your home or garden?
We thought you might! Here’s what you need to do to enter our competition. Send a photo you’ve taken that you feel best celebrates the Great British weather to [email protected] And don’t forget to include your full name. Whether it be a sensational sunset or a staggering snow storm, if you've captured it then we want to see it.
The five winners will be picked by our panel of judges when the competition closes on 15 July. They’ll win one of five £250 B&Q vouchers! So they can get their home or garden shipshape and ready for summer – come rain or shine!
You can read our T&Cs below. We can’t wait to see your entries! In the meantime, here’s our new TV ad celebrating how our rather unpredictable weather is mighty enough to power our homes.
See how much you could save Get a quote
Competition terms and conditions
Great British Weather Competition Terms
- The promoter of this competition is OVO Energy Limited (“OVO", “We”), which has its registered offices located at 1 Rivergate, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6ED and is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 06890795.
- The competition will run on OVO’s Instagram and Facebook pages and the OVO Blog and will open at 9am 8th of June 2021 and close at 11:59pm on 31st July 2021
- There will be five winners of this competition. The winners will each win a £250 B&Q gift card. Terms apply to the giftcards, these can be viewed here and the gift card FAQs can be viewed here. Once you receive your gift card you will need to claim it within 90 days.
- This competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. You do not have to be a customer of OVO or any OVO group company to enter.
How to enter
- To enter this competition you must email a picture which you feel celebrates the great British weather along with your full name to [email protected]
- You must get the permission of everyone featured in the photograph (or from their parent/guardian if under 18).
- Copyright in the photographs will remain with the respective entrants. Your entry must be your own work and must not be copied or feature any third party materials, content or trade marks which you do not have permission to use. Photographs which are deemed offensive or inappropriate or are otherwise in breach of these Competition Terms will not be accepted. It is entirely at the discretion of the judges as to whether a photograph is accepted for entry into the competition.
- By entering the competition you grant us a perpetual, non-revocable, royalty free licence to use your photograph on our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), our website and our blog.
- This competition is open to residents in the UK aged eighteen (18) or over with access to the internet, excluding employees and past employees of OVO or any of its group companies, and anyone materially connected to the administration of this competition. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request.
- One entry per person is permitted.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to be bound by these terms (the “Competition Terms”).
- The winners will be selected by a panel of judges, including at least one independent member, who will judge the competition entries based on who, in their opinion, is the most visually appealing and original and best demonstrates the theme of celebrating the great British weather. The decision of the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- The winners of the competition will be notified by email using the details provided when they entered the Competition. By entering the Competition you agree that we may contact you. We will ask you to provide your email address so the vouchers can be sent to you if you are a winner. The voucher will be dispatched to you by 15th August It is your responsibility to ensure that we have the correct contact details for you.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners. If the winners cannot be contacted or does not respond to OVO within 14 days of being notified by OVO, or if the winners are unable to comply with these Competition Terms OVO reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible winner selected by the judges.
- Failure to provide information requested, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements, may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- If you are one of the five winners of this competition, you agree that OVO may use your name and county of residence to announce the winners of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes, and you agree to co-operate with any other reasonable requests by OVO relating to any post-winning publicity. Your name and county of residence may also be made available to the public on request. However, you have the right to object to your details being shared or request to limit the information shared. We may also wish to share your name as a winner on our other social media sites but we will always ask your permission before we do this and you have the right to object to your name being shared. The surname and county of the winner and runner up can be obtained by emailing [email protected] unless the winner has objected to their details being shared.
- The prize is as stated, is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. OVO accepts no responsibility whatsoever for elements of the prize being withdrawn. In the event of the prize being unavailable, OVO reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- OVO reserves the right to amend or alter these Competition Terms at any time and reject ineligible entries. This competition may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, neither OVO or its affiliates will in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the Winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of OVO, its affiliates or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram or Facebook.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these Competition Terms and the details in the promotional material, the details in the promotional material shall prevail.
- These Competition Terms will be governed by English Law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.