Live meter data - additional terms and conditions
Current as of 22 September 2016
- These terms and conditions apply to you once you accept them on My OVO and click ‘View live usage’. We will refer to these terms and conditions as the live meter data terms.
- When we refer to live meter data, we mean energy consumption and tariff data collected from your smart meter(s) by your Chameleon In-Home Display (IHD) supplied by OVO. Your IHD can retrieve the live meter data from your smart meter and send it to OVO securely over your internet connection.
- These terms apply in addition to the terms and conditions set out in your energy supply contract (for OVO Energy’s current standard terms see: www.ovoenergy.com/terms).
- Unless stated otherwise, words that are defined in the standard terms have the same meaning in these live meter data terms.
Receiving, storing and displaying your live meter data
- We will only receive, store and display your live meter data after you’ve agreed to these live meter data terms and have clicked ‘View live usage’.
- We will collect and store live meter data from your smart meter(s) every ten seconds.
- You can stop your IHD from sending live meter data at any time by disconnecting your IHD from your WiFi.
- Whilst the IHD is designed to give you access to more data and information about your energy consumption, we cannot guarantee that using the IHD will save you money on your energy bills.
- You agree that the IHD belongs to OVO at all times and does not become your property at any point.
- You must take reasonable care not to damage or interfere with the IHD. If you break or damage the IHD, you may have to pay us for any repair or replacement costs.
- It is your responsibility to return the IHD to OVO if you choose not to use it.
- If you switch away from OVO to a new energy supplier, it is your responsibility to: a) disconnect the IHD from your WiFi (otherwise it will continue to securely send live meter data to OVO); and b) return the IHD to OVO.
- If you move to a new property, you are not allowed to take the IHD with you unless we give you express permission to do so. It is your responsibility to:
- disconnect the IHD from your WiFi (otherwise it will continue to securely send live meter data to OVO);
- return the IHD to us on request;
- allow OVO or its representatives a right of entry to your property to collect the IHD from you; and/or
- leave the IHD in the property for the new tenant.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage (including negligence and breach of statutory duty) you suffer or costs you incur because:
- you are unable to, or there is a delay in you being able to, access or use the IHD or My OVO to view your live meter data for any reason;
- the IHD does not work as you expect or contains errors or defects;
- your broadband usage exceeds your allowance and this is associated with your use of the IHD;
- you experience live meter data loss as a result of downtime of the IHD or My OVO;
- any device, hardware or software you use in connection with the IHD is damaged or corrupted or fails to work; or
- the integrity and/or security of your home network is impacted by the use of the IHD.
Changes to live meter data terms
- We can change the live meter data terms at any time by sending you an email with details of the change or notifying you of a change when you next start the OVO Live App or log onto My OVO. The new terms may be displayed on-screen in the OVO Live App or on My OVO and you may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of the IHD.