OVO Energy + Boiler Cover Reward Offer Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions (the Terms) for our Energy + Boiler Cover Reward offer (the Offer). Please read these Terms carefully. These Terms are in addition to, and do not replace, our Core Energy Supply Terms and Conditions (Core Terms) and our Boiler Cover Terms and Conditions. All defined terms in our Core Terms will have the same meaning when used in these Terms unless otherwise stated.
1. What is the OVO Energy + Boiler Cover Reward Offer?
1.1 If you are a Simpler Energy customer, sign up for a qualifying OVO boiler cover plan (Essentials, Starter or Complete) during the Offer Period and, provided you meet, and continue to meet, the Eligibility Criteria, you’ll receive a total credit of £100 towards your energy charges. This will be applied as a credit to your electricity account in instalments as follows:
- An initial credit of £25, which will be applied to your account within 30 calendar days from the start date of your OVO boiler cover product; and
- Credits of £25 in the third, sixth and ninth month (provided that you continue to meet the Eligibility Criteria). There is no cash alternative.
- You do not need to do anything to activate the payment of the credit(s). Your energy account will be automatically credited. You will receive the first credit within 30 calendar days and the remaining credits by the end of the third, sixth and ninth month you are with us.
1.2 The credits will show as “Energy + Boiler Cover Reward” on your account statements or communications.
1.3 The Offer will run until 17 January 2024 inclusive (the Offer Period).
2. Who is eligible?
2.1 The Offer is only available to customers who meet each of the following eligibility criteria (Eligibility Criteria):
- You must pay your energy and boiler cover plan by Direct Debit. This Offer is not available to energy Pay As You Go customers.
- You must have a standard meter, a smart meter, or an Economy 7 meter. All other types of multi-rate meters are excluded from the Offer.
- You must be a dual fuel customer. Customers who take an electricity or gas only supply with us will not be eligible for the Offer.
- You must switch to OVO Energy directly if you are a new customer (not through any third party price comparison website) via our online digital journey. If you are an existing customer you can sign up through your online account. You must sign up within the Offer Period and remain on supply with OVO for at least 9 months to get the full Energy + Boiler Cover Reward.
- You must sign up to one of the following OVO boiler cover plans: Essentials, Starter or Complete.
- You can only claim this Offer once. You won’t be eligible for the Offer again if you claim the Offer then switch away from OVO and switch back again later during the Offer Period.
- This Offer is personal to you and you cannot transfer it to another person.
- You must comply with the Core Terms and the Boiler Terms. If at any time you fail to meet the Eligibility Criteria we reserve the right to remove the Offer and you will no longer be eligible to receive the Energy + Boiler Cover Reward.
2.2 Eligibility for the Offer is at our discretion and we reserve the right to remove the Offer in the event that we believe that any customer is ineligible for any reason.
3. What if I switch away from OVO Energy?
3.1 You’re free to switch away at any time (unless your account is in debt, in which case we may stop your switch until the debt is cleared, in accordance with our Core Terms).
3.2 If you switch away within your cooling off period or within the first 30 days after joining you will not receive the Energy + Boiler Cover Reward. If you switch away after 30 days and within 3 months you will not receive the second, third or fourth instalment of the Energy + Boiler Cover Reward. If you switch away and are in debt, any Reward value already paid to you will go towards this debt.
3.3 You've the right to cancel your boiler cover plan within 14 days from receipt of your documents at no cost to you. If you cancel after this 14 day period you'll be charged a £30 admin fee and also for any work completed. If you do decide to cancel, we'll never charge more than the outstanding balance of your contract. For full details of these charges please refer to pages 12 and 25 in the Boiler Cover Terms and Conditions. If your boiler cover is cancelled, you’ll not be eligible for any future instalments of the Energy + Boiler Cover Reward.
If you wish to cancel your plan please contact OVO Energy:
- Telephone: 0330 102 8905
- Email: [email protected]
- Post: OVO Energy, PO BOX 3129, Worthing, BN11 9QS
4. Your contracts
4.1 Your Energy Supply and your OVO Energy boiler cover plan will be provided to you under separate contracts.
4.2 Your energy supply for Simpler Energy is provided by OVO Electricity Limited (when we’re selling you electricity) and OVO Gas Limited (when we’re selling you gas). Our address is 1 Rivergate, Temple Quay, Bristol, BS1 6ED. These are the companies that supply energy to your property.
Boiler Cover plan
4.3 Your OVO Energy boiler cover plan will be arranged and administered by OVO Energy, a trading name of CORGI HomePlan Ltd, a firm authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under firm reference number 824122 to carry on insurance distribution. CORGI HomePlan Ltd is registered in Scotland (Company No. SC358475). Registered Office: Cadworks, 41 West Campbell Street, Glasgow, G2 6SE. The insurance policy is underwritten by OVO Insurance Services Ltd, a firm authorised and regulated by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission under reference number 2570126. OVO Insurance Services Ltd is registered in the Bailiwick of Guernsey under the Companies (Guernsey) Law 2008 (Company No. 67013). Registered office: PO Box 155, Mill Court, La Charroterie, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 4ET. OVO Energy Ltd, CORGI HomePlan Ltd and OVO Insurance Services Ltd are part of OVO Group Ltd. Your annual boiler service is a separate contract between you and CORGI HomePlan Ltd trading as OVO Energy.
Your boiler cover plan will be governed by the terms and conditions contained in your OVO Energy Boiler Cover Terms and Conditions Booklet.
5.1 This Offer is subject to availability and we reserve the right to make changes to the Offer and these Terms at any time, including amending or withdrawing the Offer. If we make a change which disadvantages you, we will give you reasonable notice before the change happens.
5.2 We reserve the right to remove or temporarily suspend the Offer if, in our reasonable opinion, we suspect any breach of these Terms or our Core Terms.
5.3 We will not be liable to you for any loss you may incur as a result of your participation in this Offer.
5.4 These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales if you live in England and Wales and by the laws of Scotland if you live in Scotland.
6. Contact Us
If you have any questions about the Offer, please contact our Customer Services department on 0330 303 5063 or see our help centre.