If something’s wrong, let us know and we’ll put it right

We always want to give our customers the best service possible, even when things don’t go to plan. If this happens, it’s our job to put things right.

Contact us to make a complaint

You can get in touch by phone, email, or post:

EV chargers: 

Phone: 0330 303 5059

Email: [email protected]

Solar panel and battery systems:

Phone: 0330 102 7416

Email: [email protected]

Energy Experts:

Phone: 0333 034 1562

Email: [email protected]

Smart Home trials (like Neat Heat and Zero Carbon Heating):

Email: [email protected]


Email: [email protected]

Heat pumps:

Phone: 0333 034 1565

Email: [email protected]

Charge Anytime promotions: 

Phone: 0333 034 1613

Email: [email protected]


Zero Carbon Living Product Complaints


PO BOX 5280


BN11 9RG

How our complaint process works

If you have a complaint about a loan, credit, or leasing agreement, it won't follow the stages below.

This document explains the process it will follow instead.

Stage 1: Looking into your complaint

When you first contact us, we’ll ask for:

  • Your name and address 
  • The best way to contact you 
  • Details of your complaint 
  • What you’d like the outcome to be

We’ll investigate what’s gone wrong, and work to put things right. We’ll explain what’s happened and offer a resolution. If you’re happy with our suggestion, we’ll do everything that’s been agreed then close your complaint. 

We aim to resolve complaints the same day we get them, but some complaints might need more investigation.

Stage 2: Escalating your complaint

We’ll escalate your issue to our specialist complaints team if:

  • We’re not able to fix your complaint
  • You’re not happy with what we’ve suggested
  • The issue becomes more complicated

The team will contact you to make sure they understand your complaint, then speak to the right people at OVO to make sure we put things right. They’ll try to solve your problem as quickly as possible. And they’ll explain to you what needs to be done and how long it should take.

The product you have will determine where you should go for escalations.

For Solar panels, Air Source Heat Pumps or EV chargers, you can take your complaint to HIES.

If you have a complaint about Energy Experts, you can take your complaint to Elmhurst.

Heat Pump, Solar and EV Customers

You can contact the Home Insulation & Energy Systems Quality Assured Contractors Scheme (HIES). HIES offers a free mediation service that helps both parties come to an agreement.

How to contact HIES

Online complaint form: HIES Complaint Form

Phone: 0344 324 5242

Email: [email protected]


Centurion House

Leyland Business Park

Centurion Way


Energy Expert Customers

You can contact Elmhurst Energy. Elmhurst Energy is the leading government-approved body, authorised to accredit energy assessors. They offer a free mediation service that helps both parties come to an agreement.

How to contact Elmhurst Energy

Online complaint form: Elmhurst Energy complaint form

Phone: 01455 883 250

Email: [email protected]


16 St Johns Business Park


LE17 4HB

The Financial Ombudsman

There might be some instances when the complaint falls within the scope of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Their contact details are:

Phone: 0800 023 4567

E-mail:[email protected]


The Financial Ombudsman Service

Exchange Tower


E14 9SR

The FOS is an independent service in the UK for settling disputes between consumers and businesses that provide financial services. You can find more information on the FOS at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Our Customer Relations agents will make sure you are provided with the correct referral details for your complaint. This does not affect your statutory rights.

Our sales and marketing obligations

If part of your complaint is that we haven’t followed our sales and marketing obligations, we’ll compensate you in line with regulations.

If you’re unhappy, you can ask for an internal review

You can ask for an internal review if you’re not happy with the way your complaint has been handled at any stage of the process.

This includes when you’ve agreed to a resolution, but later feel that this might not be the right outcome.

There are other places where you can find help

Citizens Advice and Advice Direct Scotland are the official sources of free and independent energy advice and support.