I’m having trouble linking my IHD to my WiFi – can you help?
Troubleshooting: what to do when you’re having problems connecting your new In-Home Display (IHD) to your home WiFi network
Start by looking at the status of the WiFi symbol (the four lines shown in the illustration below). Can you see it? Is it flashing? Is it solid? Then follow the steps under the relevant headline below to sort out the problem.
If the WiFi symbol isn’t visible at all
- Restart your In-Home Display by switching it off at the wall and then switching it back on again.
- Follow these instructions to reconnect your In-Home Display to your home WiFi. You can either connect it with WPS or key your WiFi password into the IHD.
If the WiFi symbol is flashing
- Make sure your home WiFi network is working. Check that you can get online with another device in your home, such as your laptop or tablet. If you can’t connect with any of your devices, get in touch with your internet service provider to check the service status in your area.
- Make sure your In-Home Display is within range of your WiFi router, and that the signal isn’t blocked by any thick walls or heavy fire doors.
- Restart your WiFi router.
- Then restart your In-Home Display.
- Check the settings on your WiFi router – you should have been given some leaflets or instructions with your router that tell you how to do this. Following the instructions:
- Make sure the WPS connection is enabled.
- Turn off MAC address filtering on your WiFi access point/router (if it’s currently on). Every router is different, so you’ll need to refer to your router’s instruction book for how to do this.
- Reduce the number of wireless devices connected to your network. Some WiFi routers have a limit on the number of wireless devices that they can connect to the Internet.
- Try again to connect your IHD to your WiFi.
If the WiFi symbol is solid but you’re not getting any live data on My OVO
- Try refreshing your browser on My OVO.
- Make sure you accepted the terms and conditions on My OVO when prompted.