Get on your bike with OVO’s Free Ride Fridays!
17 September 2021 | Aimee Tweedale
We all know that cycling makes you fitter. It can even boost your mood, and your bank account, too! But the best thing about cycling? It’s a great way to be greener.
A recent study from the University of Oxford found that if you swapped just one car journey to cycling per day, you’d save about half a tonne of carbon throughout the year1. That’s about the weight of a concert grand piano2 – no small feat!
Here at OVO, we’re on a journey to net zero carbon, and we want to bring you all along for the ride. That’s why we launched OVO Bikes, powered by nextbike, in Glasgow, Cardiff, and the Vale of Glamorgan.
Today, we’re making it even easier for you to slash your carbon footprint with Free Ride Fridays! It’s exactly what it sounds like. Every Friday until the end of the year, you can enjoy unlimited 30 minute rides on OVO Bikes – on us.
Ready to get riding? Find out how to claim this offer.
Fancy winning £150 to spend on your very own bike?
To celebrate the launch of Free Ride Fridays, we’re giving away 5 vouchers worth £150 to spend at Decathlon.
To be in with a chance of winning, all you need to do is snap a photo of yourself on an OVO Bike, with the hashtag #FreeRideFridays.
Head over to our Instagram page to enter. You can read the full terms and conditions below.
FREE RIDE FRIDAYS VOUCHER COMPETITION - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The promoter of this competition is OVO Energy Limited (“OVO", “We”), which has its registered offices located at 1 Rivergate, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6ED and is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 06890795.
- The competition will run on OVO’s Instagram and Twitter account and will open at 9am 17th September and close at 11.59pm on 17th October.
- There will be five winners of this competition. The prize will be a £150 voucher to Decathlon which will be redeemed via our supplier, Gift Cloud.
- This competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. You do not have to be a customer of OVO or any OVO group company to enter.
How to enter
- To enter this competition you must upload a picture of yourself on an OVO Bike with the hashtag #FreeRideFridays to your Instagram account or Twitter account.
- You must get the permission of everyone featured in the photograph (or from their parent/guardian if under 18).
- Copyright in the photographs will remain with the respective entrants. Your entry must be your own work and must not be copied or feature any third party materials, content or trade marks which you do not have permission to use. Photographs which are deemed offensive or inappropriate or are otherwise in breach of these Competition Terms will not be accepted. It is entirely at the discretion of the judges as to whether a photograph is accepted for entry into the competition.
- By entering the competition you grant us a perpetual, non-revocable, royalty free licence to use your photograph on our social media channels (Instagram and Twitter), our website and our blog.
- This competition is open to residents in the UK aged eighteen (18) or over with access to the internet, excluding employees and past employees of OVO or any of its group companies, and anyone materially connected to the administration of this competition. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request.
- One entry per person is permitted.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to be bound by these terms (the “Competition Terms”).
- The winners will be selected by a panel of judges, including at least one independent member, who will judge the competition entries based on who, in their opinion, is the most visually appealing. The decision of the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- The winners of the competition will be notified by social media that they have won and we will request their email address and the voucher will be sent to them via our supplier, Gift Cloud who will send your voucher to you via email.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners. If the winners cannot be contacted or does not respond to OVO within 14 days of being notified by OVO, or if the winners are unable to comply with these Competition Terms OVO reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible winner selected by the judges.
- Failure to provide information requested, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements, may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- If you are one of the five winners of this competition, you agree that OVO may use your name to announce the winners of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes, and you agree to co-operate with any other reasonable requests by OVO relating to any post-winning publicity. However, you have the right to object to your details being shared or request to limit the information shared. We may also wish to share your name as a winner on our other social media sites but we will always ask your permission before we do this and you have the right to object to your name being shared.
- The prize is as stated, is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. OVO accepts no responsibility whatsoever for elements of the prize being withdrawn. In the event of the prize being unavailable, OVO reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- OVO reserves the right to amend or alter these Competition Terms at any time and reject ineligible entries. This competition may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, neither OVO or its affiliates will in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the Winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of OVO, its affiliates or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram or Facebook.
- These Competition Terms will be governed by English Law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Sources and references: