Competition time: win a stay in a luxury treehouse
15 September 2020 | OVO Energy
Image property of TreehotelAB
At OVO, we’re absolutely wild about trees. What’s not to love? They’re lush, they’re green and they help our planet by crunching serious amounts of carbon. And we know you all love trees too.
That’s why, from 1 October we're committing to plant [a tree for every new and existing OVO member]https://www.ovoenergy.com/blog/green/renewable-power-and-tree-planting - for every year they’re with us. We've already planted over 1 million of them, and we now plant 5 trees a year for every OVO Beyond customer. But over the coming year, together with our new partner the Woodland Trust and I Dig Trees, we're planning to plant around 900,000 more.
Yep, 900,000! That’s one tree for every member at OVO plus additional trees for OVO Beyond members. So you’re helping us fight the climate by just being a part of our carbon-kicking journey. Nice one.
To celebrate this tree-mendous new pledge, we’ve decided to give OVO members the chance to win a 2-night stay for two at a luxury treehouse in the stunning wooded depths of Sweden. All you need to do is tell us your favourite tree here and we’ll select the winner at random!
Image property of TreehotelAB
The Treehotel is famous the world over and lets you fulfill your childhood dreams of sleeping in the trees in spectacular style. Whether you’re looking for an adventure, a relaxing break from the stresses of everyday life or simply to unwind in nature, we’re certain you’ll love every minute of this once in a lifetime opportunity.
The prize includes:
- 2 nights for two to stay in an awesome luxury treehouse (just like the ones pictured!)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- A selection of indulgent treats on arrival
- A sauna
- A choice of either a guided forest hike or a local flavour tour
- A £550 Flightgift card so you have the flexibility to fly whenever you feel comfortable
- A return transfer from Lulea airport to Treehotel
- Every ounce of carbon created on your journey to Treehotel being offset by (you guessed it) planting more trees!
And we know that there are limits on travelling abroad right now - so we’ve ensured the winner has up until the end of 2021 to choose whenever they want to visit Treehotel, at a time when it’s safe to travel.
Image property of TreehotelAB
We can’t wait to see your entries as we continue to celebrate the wonder of trees and their role in helping us get to zero carbon faster.
Key Competition Terms:
- Entry is free, 1 entry per person
- Only OVO members can enter
- You must be over 18 to enter
- It’s open to UK residents (excluding Northern Ireland)
- The winning entry will win a two night stay at Treehotel (including details outlined above) on a date of their choice and will receive a £550 Flightgift card to arrange their flights.
- Your visit must be booked by the end of 2021
- The competition opens on 9am 15th September and ends 5pm 6th October 2020
- For full terms and conditions, please see below
Full Treehotel competition terms:
- The promoter of this competition is OVO Energy Limited (“OVO", “We”), which has its registered offices located at 1 Rivergate, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6ED and is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 06890795.
- The competition will run on the OVO blog on our website as well as OVO’s social media channels and will open at 9am on 15 September 2020 and close at 5pm on 6 October 2020.
- There will be one winner (the “Winner”) of the competition. The Winner will win a two night stay at the Treehotel in Harads, Sweden (see https://www.treehotel.se/en/ for details), a £550 Flightgift.com voucher towards the cost of two economy return flights to Lulea, Sweden and return transfers from Lulea airport to Treehotel. Terms and conditions shall apply to the redemption of the voucher. See https://www.flightgift.com/terms-conditions/ for more information. Please note that the Winner’s package includes a choice of the Blue Cone, MirrorCube, The Cabin, UFO and the BirdsNest only. If you wish to book the Dragonfly treehouse you will be required to pay a supplement. Please see https://www.treehotel.se/en for details.The type of treehouse you will stay in will be subject to availability.
- The Winner is responsible for all expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prize, including the excess cost of any flights to Lulea chosen by the Winner costing more than £550, costs of return travel from your home to the airport, visas and travel documentation, insurance, food (where not expressly included) and spending money.
How to enter
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. You must be on an OVO energy fixed or variable tariff to enter. The competition is not open to customers of SSE, Spark or Boost brands.
- This competition is open to residents in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) aged eighteen (18) or over with access to the internet, excluding employees and past employees of OVO or any of its group companies, and anyone materially connected to the administration of this competition. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request.
- To enter this competition, you must complete our entry form and tell us the name of your favourite type of tree. Only genuine answers will be accepted, offensive or entries which we otherwise deem unsuitable will not be accepted.
- You can only enter this competition as described above. Entry made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Entries must be made directly by the person entering this competition. By submitting an entry, you agree to be bound by these terms (the “Competition Terms”).
- One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Competition Terms. The draw will be performed by a random computer process. The draw will take place on 7 October 2020.
- The Winner of the competition will be notified by email or phone by 9 October 2020.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the Winner by email and telephone (using the details provided at entry). If the Winner cannot be contacted or does not respond to OVO within 14 days of being notified by OVO, or if the Winner is unable to comply with these Competition Terms, OVO reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
- Failure to provide information requested, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements, may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- To redeem their prize the Winner must notify OVO of the date(s) they wish to travel. Your holiday to Treehotel must be booked by the 31st December 2021. Your holiday must be taken between the dates of 31st October 2020 and 31st December 2022. You will need to notify us of the dates you wish to take your vacation and we will book your stay with TreeHotel on your behalf and arrange your return transfers to the Treehotel from Lulea airport. You will need to book your own flights using your Flightgift.com voucher which we will send to you by email within 14 days of your acceptance of the prize. You will also need to arrange your own travel to the relevant UK airport from your home.
Travel and Coronavirus
- If you are chosen as the Winner you agree to follow the UK Government’s Coronavirus travel regulations and guidance at all times. In the event that you are unable to travel by the end of 2021 due to Coronavirus quarantine or other restrictions or there is a change to the Government’s quarantine or travel rules or you have to self-isolate after your stay has been booked we will endeavour to rebook your stay for another date of your choice. You should let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to travel due to any reason relating to Coronavirus or alternatively we will contact you in the event of a change in the UK Government’s travel guidance which will affect your holiday. Your chosen airline’s Coronavirus cancellation policy will apply to any flights you have booked which are cancelled due to Coronavirus restrictions. You are responsible for any cancellation charges or the cost of rebooking or changing your flights should you cancel or the airline cancel. We would recommend that you take out suitable travel insurance.
Cancellation (for reasons unrelated to Coronavirus).
- If you need to reschedule your booking, you should let us know more than 30 days prior to the date you are booked to travel and we will endeavour to rebook your stay for another suitable date. We will not be able to offer you a cash alternative or alternate prize if you are unable to take your vacation and it cannot be rebooked or you choose not to rebook it. We will not be liable in the event that you choose not to rebook your stay. If you do not let us know that you wish to travel more than 30 days prior to departure we reserve the right to pass on any fees which we may incur in changing your booking to a different date. Your chosen airline’s cancellation policy will apply to any cancelled flights. You are responsible for any cancellation charges or the cost of rebooking or changing your flights should you cancel. We would recommend that you take out suitable travel insurance.
- By entering this competition you agree to provide your name, telephone number and email so that we can contact you if you are the Winner. It is your responsibility to ensure that these details are correct.
- If you are the Winner of this competition, you agree that OVO may use your name and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes, and you agree to co-operate with any other reasonable requests by OVO relating to any post-winning publicity. Your name and county of residence may also be made available to the public on request. However, you have the right to object to your details being shared or request to limit the information shared. We may also wish to share your name as a Winner on our social media sites but we will always ask your permission before we do this and you have the right to object to your name being shared. We may also ask you to share photographs and videos of your holiday with OVO to be used in promotional marketing materials, again we will always ask your permission to do this and you have the right to refuse. The surname and county of winners can be obtained by emailing [email protected] unless the Winner has objected to their details being shared.
- The prize is subject to availability. The prize is as stated, is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. OVO accepts no responsibility whatsoever for elements of the prize being withdrawn. In the event of the prize being unavailable, OVO reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- OVO reserves the right to amend or alter these Competition Terms at any time and reject ineligible entries. This competition may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, neither OVO or its affiliates will in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the Winner(s) or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of OVO, its affiliates or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook/ Instagram.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these Competition Terms and the details in the promotional material, the details in the promotional material shall prevail.
- These Competition Terms will be governed by English Law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.