What are the advantages and disadvantages of Pay As You Go?
It’s quite different from paying monthly. Here are the main differences:
- You always pay in advance, which means you know exactly how much you’re spending on energy.
- You can top up anytime from your mobile using the OVO Energy Top-up app – or at PayPoint shops.
- If you have an existing debt, you'll be able to pay it off through your meter(s), gradually.
- You can top up from as little as £1 at the shops and via our app.
- You have access to £5 emergency credit on your meter(s), to keep you going until you can top up again.
- You need to regularly check your credit and keep your meter(s) topped up.
- If you’re using more energy than usual, you can't spread the costs over time.
- If your credit goes below £0, your power might be disconnected until you can top up again – but we’re here to support you and stop this from happening. Please contact us if you can’t afford to top up or if you’re ever unable to.