Energy advice

Get help insulating your home

Improve your home’s energy efficiency and reduce your bills with the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme.

Every home has an Energy Performance (EPC) with a rating from A (very efficient) to G (inefficient). The lower your rating, the more money it will cost to heat your home. If you have a low rating and need help making your home energy efficient, you may qualify for the ECO scheme.

There are two schemes available - ECO4 and ECO+.


How do you qualify?

ECO4 is aimed at homeowners or private tenants with an EPC rating of D, E, F and G. To qualify, someone living the property must get one of the these benefits:

  • Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Income Support
  • Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Pension Credit Saving Credit
  • Child Benefit
  • Warm Home Discount payment

If someone in your household gets any of these benefits, we'll carry out a survey of your property to find out if any upgrades can be made. Upgrades could include loft, wall or floor insulation.

If you think you may qualify for ECO4 you can contact us with your full address at [email protected].

If you don’t qualify for ECO4, you may qualify for ECO+.


Eco+ is a recently announced government scheme, which aims to help the UK’s least energy-efficient homes. Households with an EPC rating of D or lower and in a lower Council Tax band area can apply.

See government advice on ECO. The scheme launches in Spring 2023 and you can email us for more information at [email protected]. Once the scheme opens, we’ll get in touch about how you can apply.

OVO Community

Can’t find an answer? Check our forum and ask our community
Visit the OVO Forum

Still need help?