Changes to the energy price cap in April
Ofgem, the energy regulator, has announced that they’re lowering the energy price cap in April. We’re working through what this means for our customers and will update our website with the latest information soon.
Get rewarded with Power Move.
Our smart meter customers have saved over £1 million by using greener, off-peak energy⁴
Why choose OVO Energy?
Your energy essentials
Use our free app to track energy use in your home5
Every year, we plant 1 million trees in the UK6
Trusted by millions of UK homes
You’ll be in safe hands with us
Path to Zero
With a range of smart tech to choose from and our expert teams by your side, we can help reduce your energy bills and our collective carbon footprint. Join us on the path to energy that's better for you, your wallet and the planet.
Our favourite 5-star reviews from Trustpilot
Rated 4.3 stars by more than 141304 customersSee all our reviews
Brogan has been beyond helpful whilst dealing with an issue I was facing. Her communication throughout has been so reassuring and reliable and she’s gone above and beyond at many points to make sure I have been kept up to date, including planning ahead to make sure I still get an update, albeit through colleagues if she is not working on the relevant day. If it wasn’t for Brogan managing my issue, it’s extremely likely that I would have sourced another provider, but the care, commitment and perseverance she has shown to get a solution has changed my mind. Her friendly and personable nature has also been so welcoming.
February 25, 2024
Excllent, however I STILL NEED THE BILL SINCE
February 25, 2024
The customer service lady was very sympathetic and helpful, and gave me all the information I needed
February 25, 2024
- Terms and cancellation fees apply. Offer ends 21/3/24.
- Actual sum is £495.94. When you add Heat Pump Plus to your plan, your home energy rate will stay the same, but the energy consumed by your heat pump will be charged at an effective rate of 15p per kWh (thanks to payment of your Heat Pump Plus credit). The £495.94 saving is based on an air source heat pump with a UK average Seasonal Coefficient of Performance (or efficiency rating) of 2.8 and an annual consumption of 3,644 kWh with the Heat Pump Plus add-on compared to OVO's average SVT rate of 28.61p per kWh. Actual savings will vary depending on your heat pump usage, efficiency rating and the cost per kWh of your standard home energy tariff.
- OVO (S) Gas Limited, trading as OVO, is a credit broker not a lender. Finance is subject to eligibility, terms and a £500 deposit. 0% APR fixed over 36 months.
- Terms and eligibility criteria apply. For more information, please visit ovoenergy.com/power-move
- OVO’s 2019 analysis of academic research into the effectiveness of feedback on energy consumption behaviours indicates that being able to monitor your energy usage by installing a smart meter and having access to energy insights information can lead to a reduction in energy use. The reduction in energy use results from the customer making changes to their habits by curtailing home energy use through actions such as optimising heating settings or switching lights off. The actual savings achieved will vary depending on individual energy use and the nature of changes made to a customer’s energy habits. OVO’s energy tracking is currently available for the majority of OVO customers and will be made available to all remaining customers soon.
- OVO Energy plants 1 million trees across the UK each year with its tree planting partners, The Conservation Volunteers and the Woodland Trust. Trees absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, so planting trees helps to slow down climate change.